Almond - Hybrid Brow Stain - 15ml
The Buff Browz Hybrid Stain is a must-have and innovative product for all artists. It is a hybrid mix of both Henna and Tint to ensure that both the skin and the hairs are appropriately treated for maximum retention of colour. The Buff Browz Hybrid Stain system is simple to use but boasts powerful and intense results.
The Buff Browz Hybrid Stain's key ingredients are naturally derived, vegan-certified, paraben-free and cruelty-free:
- Henna: A natural occurring hair dye and skin stain that also nourishes the hair and promotes strength.
- Aloe Vera: Contains 15 of the 16 Amino Acids that the skin and hair require for optimum health. It also lies within an acidic region which helps to keep the hair cuticle sealed in order to retain moisture and maintain a shiny and attractive finish.
- Rose Extract: Rich in vitamins A, B3, C and E which all help to maintain a beautiful shine to the hair and also soothe the skin.
- Saffron: An essential antioxidant that promotes hair growth.
- Lemon Essential Oil: Naturally produces Vitamins A and C which are both essential for healthy hair and hydrated skin.
- Boasts the power and intensity of Henna, but applies with the ease of tint.
- Contains both Henna and Tint to ensure that the hairs are just as thoroughly pigmented as the skin.
- Can be used alongside lamination.
- Leaves a stain on the skin for up to 10 days, and colour within the hair for up to 6 weeks.
- Penetrates deeper into the hair’s cortex to allow for a longer-lasting result.
- Although it is a highly intelligent system, it is simple to understand and work with.
- Processing times are much shorter than other brands.
- Can be used with both the Buff Browz Cream and Liquid Oxidant making it ideal for both manual and airbrush applications.
- Consists of 9 shades which can be mixed to create further shades and temperatures to suit all clientele.
- Safe to use. It has a low allergen rate and does not contain: coconut, nickel, gluten, parabens, lanolin or any fragrances.
The Buff Browz Hybrid Stain Range consists of 9 Shades:
Blondie is the lightest shade within the range and is slightly cool in temperature. It can be mixed with ’Taupe’ to create a slightly darker blonde whilst maintaining a cooler temperature or can be mixed with Auburn to create more of a warm, honey blonde.
Taupe can be used alone for a dark and ashy blonde, or can be used as a modifier to cool down another shade or lighten a darker shade. Use Auburn to add warmth.
Copper is a beautiful light-medium chestnut brown that is suitable for many brunettes looking for a soft and natural finish.
Maroon is the perfect medium, very warm brown that is perfect for those with auburn hair.
Auburn is the perfect modifier to add warmth to any shade.
Almond is a very universal light brown. It is neutral-warm in temperature and is suitable for the majority of clients.
Oak is one of the most popular shades. It is a neutral-warm medium brown and is suitable for all brunettes. It can be cooled down using Taupe, or warmed up using Auburn.
Espresso is a darker shade of brown that boasts a neutral-cool temperature. Use Auburn to add warmth.
Onyx is best used on those who request the darkest of shades. It can be used alone or as a modifier with Oak or Espresso to deepen the shade. It has a cooler temperature so may require Auburn to add warmth depending on the client.
At Buff Browz, we suggest using a total of 6 drops of stain, and 3 drops of developer for a strong and powerful result, as well as enough product to work with. For a manual Application, we would suggest using the Cream Oxidant. However, for an airbrush application, we would suggest the Liquid Oxidant.
With regards to how long the stain should be left on the skin to develop, we would recommend the following:
For a natural, soft stain we would recommend a duration of 5-7 minutes.
For a medium stain, we would recommend a duration of 8-10 minutes.
For a medium stain, we would recommend a duration of 10-18 minutes.
- Clean the area and ensure that there is absolutely no trace of any makeup, product or sebum by using a detox cleanser and/or a saline solution.
- Map the eyebrows using your preferred method.
- Mix your solution using the 6:3 Stain to Developer Ratio.
- Apply the stain using our ‘Watercolour Layering’ technique.
- Remove any excess product around the edges using a damp brush.
- Allow the stain to develop for the desired amount of time.
- Remove the stain using either a damp cotton pad or a brow conditioner.
Layering: The Buff Browz Hybrid Stain has an affinity to oxygen which means that it needs to interact with oxygen in order to develop. It needs to be layered using a ‘watercolour’ technique so that the centre of the mixture is thin enough to interact with oxygen and develop correctly, as opposed to just the outer ring of the product developing at a faster rate as this will cause a halo to form, rather than an even finish of colour throughout.